Last Updated on March 13, 2023 by Dr. Saqib Mueed
Hand injuries often occur when hand tissues damaged by any internal or external factors. There may be a pain in the hand part, bleeding, breakage of bones of the finger takes place.
Causes of hand Injuries
The hand injuries may be due to the following causes:
It is due to cut in hand. It is a very common form of a hand injury.
A hand may be injured due to pallet guns or grease guns of gun powder.
The hand may sometimes burn in sometimes hot things. Such as hot water.
It is common in fracturing hand. When we jump running fast. It causes serious hand or part of a hand may be broken or injured.
Game actions injuries
Sometimes when we play different games like Cricket, Hockey, Football, Skating or skiing we can accidentally be injured.
By driving Bus, Car, Motorcycle, etc. We can fall or hit in someone. This is very dangerous for a man. Sports and physical activities are also responsible for hand injuries.
Sports activities and physical games or work cause the injuries of the hand. The fighting injures are sometimes simple or sometimes very complicated to the patients. There may be bone breakage takes place or not takes place.
Complexities about hand injuries
It is a common disease in old women’s joints. It is caused when fracture hands bones become porous. Bones become porous. So then the risk of fractures increases. As we aged, some bones are dissolved. So the new bones may be formed. We can avoid it by changing lifestyle or by using healthy foods. When it occurs there should be proper medication required.
Carpal tunnel Syndrome
It is also called the median nerve compression. It is a condition in which a hand becomes weak. Are cases when there is pressure applied to your hand and median nerve? When nerves become compressed at the hand the carpal tunnel syndrome occurs. The thickness and swelling take places. It is caused due to burning or other things.
It is also called tendonitis. These are flexible tissues. They connect muscles to bones. When bones or muscles are injured, the movement of the finger or hand is difficult. It occurs when there is injuries takes place at one point twice.
The symptoms including are swelling of joints and pain. The Doctor gives better treatment after examine. Medication including rest. Therapy. Surgery, Ultrasounds and Steroid injections.
It is the most common type of arthritis. There are Millions of peoples affected by it. It occurs when the cartilage of bones ware off. Pains and swellings, stuffiness are common symptoms.
The high-risk factors including Old age, sex, obesity, joints injuries, stressing on joints, Genetics, Bones DE formalities and certain metabolic diseases. Prevention is better than cure. So check to your doctor early possible.
Sign and symptoms of hand injuries
The common signs and symptoms included as:
- Pain in injury parts
- Inability to move the hand
- Limited hand motion
- Weakness of the hands
- Bleedings etc.
Avoidance of hands injuries
All the work we can do is due to our hands. So, it is necessary to protect hands from injuries. If our hands are out of order, we can nothing to do. So, it is necessary to protect the hand from injuries. Today day the science and technology are more advance to awareness the people from the safety.
There some suggestions to protecting from hands injuries.
- Use gloves to hands
- Wash hands after using chemicals
- Don does not pick up broken glassy things
- Do not pick up heavy things
- Use scissors or blades carefully
- While driving put gloves for avoidance injury in case of an accident
What to do if hand injured seriously?
- Control your nervous system
- Put a strip on the bleeding part to stop the blood
- Pick up all the bones and collectively bind
- Pick of the strip to hand and round to your shoulder
- Do not move your hand when it injured
- Assemble bones nicely
- To assemble stable bones
- After treatment use nutritious food containing high quality of calcium vitamin D
- Give up smoking if you are a smoker
The common hand injury is visible with naked eyes. It can be diagnosed very easily and comfortably. But the internal hand broken bones are diagnosed with x-rays techniques. This technique is much advance and makes it better for finding too complex injuries or other faults. Such as finger is broken, or part of the finger may not be visible to naked eyes within under the skin. So, it is necessary to cure this internal part of the broken bone of the finger.
A doctor may use x-rays to visualize the broken bones injuries after the physical and history checked by the patients.
Treatment of hand injuries
Home cares are first applied to the injured part of the hand as first aid method. But in the case of serious injuries, there will require hospitalization. The call on the doctor or ambulance required. Stop the bleeding with cotton or clean cloth by compressing.
- When there’s bleeding, we should apply the pressure to this area to stop bleedings.
- From the wound, should clean the dirt partials.
- Cover the wounds to stop contaminations
- Do not try to remove the foreign parts like nails etc.
- Call your doctor quickly possible.
- Cover the wound if bones are visible with a clean towel or cloth
- Ice may apply to decrease pain, but it should never be more than 20 minutes
- Cover the injured part with bandages
- In case of thermal injuries cool the injured part but not use the ice
- Seek medical attentions
Is the recovery of injury of hand medications play a very important role. So proper medication is prescribed by the Doctor or Physician. Use antibiotic injections, tablets, bandages, and antiseptics such as iodine to clean the wound. Care your hand and protect it from infections. Take full rest. We use medicines to reduced torment; your specialist may propose an over-the-counter soreness reliever. This is inside the occasion that your torment is severe, So you may require a narcotic medication, as an instance.
Our Home remedies
- Take full rest
- Regularly move your fingers while it is becoming better
- Give up smoking
- Not done heavy work
- Use food containing more calcium
- Do not use salty things https://www.scripps.org/assets/documents/pacelli_slides_primary_care_conference.pdfManagement of the injured hand – basic principles of care (sljol.info)Management of acute hand injuries – ScienceDirecthttps://bjsm.bmj.com/content/bjsports/31/3/191.full.pdf
Dr. Saeed uz Zaman
MBBS, BSC (BZU), DTCD, RMP
Medical specialist in Sargodha civil Hospital
Our reviewers’ details, Click Here