Last Updated on February 2, 2023 by Dr. Saqib Mueed
Trichomoniasis is a serious disease that is caused by the parasites,Trichomonas vaginallis. Therefore this disease is called the trichomoniasis. When someone is infected by this disease. therefore about less than 70% of women and men do not show the symptoms. When the symptoms have appeared the disease typically begins to5 to 28 days after exposure.
Trichomoniasis can also increase the risk of getting the HIV virus and also caused Aids.
It is also caused by complications during pregnancy in the female.it is a serious disease that is caused by some special type of parasite. Usual onset 5 to 28 days after the exposure
Causes of Trichomoniasis
Trichomonas vaginalis (typically it is transmitted by sexual contact)
Finding the parasite in the vaginal fluid, also find the microbial culture, Testing of the DNA parasite.
Trichomoniasis is mostly transmitted by sexual infection. This is mostly spread by the vaginal, oral, and also through the anal sex. It is also caused by genital touching.it is spread by the person that is infected may spread through the disease when the symptoms of the disease are not present.
There are many types of diagnoses. Mostly it is diagnosed by finding the parasite in the vaginal fluids and the vagina using the microscope, culturing in the vagina is transmitted. If present other sexually transmitted infections should be tested for. Methods of prevention include many precautions .some of these are given below.
There are about more than 122 million people were affected by this disease. About two million women were affected in the united states.
These two million were the women. It is affected by the female than the man. Alfred Donne was the first who discovered the disease of trichomoniasis in 1836. This parasite caused the disease the first time discovered in 1916.
Sign and symptoms
Mostly this disease attacked the people more silently and the symptoms appear when this disease affects the patient more than 25%. Symptoms that are experienced include the pain, burning in the penis, it is also caused the viginitis.it is discomfort for both sexes during the sex and intercourse.in the women the symptoms of this disease is more clear and effective.
- Easy veginal discharge
- In some cases, the lower abdominal pain can also be occurring
- Itching in the genital area
- A bad-smelling thin vaginal discharge
- Burning with urination
- Pain with sex
- Discharge burning during the time of urination
There can be serious complications.
- It is mainly caused by the transmission of the virus that causes AIDS.
- This disease is also caused by the low bright birth weight
- Some scientists say that trichomoniasis is mainly caused by cervical cancer but most of the scientists say that it is not caused by cancer. So its role in the causation of cancer is unclear.
- In the male mostly it is caused by urethritis and prostatitis.
Causes of Trichomoniasis
There are many causes of trichomoniasis.
This parasite is mainly attacked on the genital tract of the human. It is mainly caused by sexual contact or the genital contact.
The protozoan produces the mechanical stress on the animal on which it is lived and it causes the death of the cell.
There are about three main ways to test for trichomoniasis.
- The first case is saline microscopy. This method is mainly used and requires vaginal and penile swab specimens for examination under a microscope. The diagnose this a low sensitivity 60-70 often of an inadequate sample.
- Secondly, this disease is caused by the diagnosis by the culture, which is the gold standard. The culture test of this disease is so cheap but this is valid.
- The third method for the diagnosis of the trichomoniasis is the nucleic acid amplification test. These type of tests are more sensitive. These tests are better than the microscopy and culture test and it is also valid the other than the culture and microscopy tests.it is highly valid and sensitive about 80_90%.
Prevention of Trichomoniasis
Trichomoniasis can prevented and avoided by using the condom by the male and female because by using this it is prevented. Trichomoniasis is spread through the sexual contact but the trichomoniasis is not spread by the water because the trichomoniasis veginallis dies in water after 45 to 60 minutes if the water is thermal than the parasite dies in the half an hour to 3 hours and in the diluted urine after 5-7 hour it dies.
This disease is widely spread in the united states because there are many sexual contacts and congenital cases appear every year because there is no prevention.https://sti.bmj.com/content/sextrans/80/2/91.full.pdfTrichomoniasis – CDC Fact Sheet. (nv.gov)Trichomoniasis: the Facta (cdc.gov)
Dr. Akhtar Nawaz Lak
MBBS, FCPS (Internal Medicine)
Ex. Medical Specialist, Services hospital, Lahore
Ex. Medical Specialist, Allied hospital, Faisalabad
Our reviewers’ details, Click Here