Last Updated on February 2, 2023 by Dr. Saqib Mueed
Cyanosis is the bluish and purplish blemish of the skin or tissue layer due to tissues near the skin surface having low oxygen impregnation. It occurs due to the presence of abnormal highly low levels of hemoglobin in the superficial capillaries.it makes oxygen not able to join with hemoglobin that causes a lack of oxygen in end organs. In some cases, incomplete oxygenated blood perfusing peripheral tissue may root the cyanosis.
The threshold of cyanosis
- It is the least concentrations of reduced low HB in the capillary blood that foremost to aspect of cyanosis.
- It’s about 5gm% capillary blood
- Threshold cyanosis is o.5 that is the mixture of reduced HB in arterial blood and venous blood.
Types of cyanosis
- Central –cyanotic CHD
- Peripheral-hypothermia or CCF
Causes of central cyanosis
- Birth asphyxia
- Hypertension of intracranial nerves, and hemorrhage
- Respiratory misery disorder
- Meconium target
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Lung hypoplasia
- Problems in cardiac
Causes of peripheral cyanosis
- Raynaud’s syndrome
- Low blood pressure
- Vein or network problems
- Heart disaster
- Problem with lymph system
- Bottomless vein coagulation
- Hypovolemic tremor
- Abnormal hemoglobin
Some risk factors of cyanosis
- Reynaud’s syndrome
- Pressure of blood is lower
- Vein or artery problem
- Heart failure
- Difficulties with the system of lymph
- Profound vein coagulation
- Blood disease shock
Symptoms of cyanosis
Following are the symptoms of cyanosis:
- Breathing shortness
- In infant sweating occur during feeding
- Failure to thrive
- Hypoxic spells
- Patient feel Pain in chest
- Dizziness and fainting
- Weariness all time
- Bluish skin color
- Sometime skin color may be purple
- Fever with pneumonia
- Thickening of end joints of fingers.
- The pretentious frame parts feel unsympathetic to the tad.
Treatment of cyanosis
It is a symptom of fundamental circumstances rather than the existence a disease in itself.
Treatment of cyanosis is thus courtesy on the treatment of indispensable disease rather than the symptoms.
It occurs due to cold temperature and treated by warming of pretentious parts. Oxygenation is required for early stabilization.
To treat a patient of cyanosis ventilator may be required.
Symptomatic treatment of cyanosis
- Warming of the affected areas
- Oxygenation as a treatment for cyanosis
- Intravenous fluid
- Surgery as treatment
- Drug as a treatment of cyanosis.
Treatment of cyanosis with drugs
Drugs are recommended by doctors to lower the excess amassing of liquid or fluid such as diuretics.
How do you cure cyanosis?
To reestablish normal stages of oxygen supply oxygen rehabilitation must be needed for creatures. Doctors may prescribe to stop to taking any medicines that stop the easy flow of blood which person is suffering from peripheral cyanosis. Some medicines comprise beta-blockers pills that regulator birth and certain medicines which reduce allergy.
Dr. Sajid Rehman Randhawa
MBBS, FCPS (surgery)
Associate Professor Punjab medical college, Faisalabad
Our reviewers’ details, Click Here